Star-Gazing Guide to Affinity Photo Astrophotography Image Processing.
This new and expanded second edition 100 page guide, takes you through a number of image processing workflows so you can get the best out of your astronomy images using Affinity Photo software.
This is written for the Windows Version, but the techniques used are the same in the Mac version.
I have not used Affinity Photo with an iPad, so cannot comment on how similar that version works, or not.
This edition includes the many Astrophotography Tools included from version 188.8.131.522.
Among the techniques covered within the guide are:
- Imaging Basics.
- Using Photoshop plugins.
- Creating and using Macros.
- The Curves Tool.
- The Levels Tool.
- Colour and saturation management.
- Managing Layers.
- Layer Adjustments.
- Stacking Images.
- Layer Masking.
- Multi-Layer Masking.
- Live Filter Layers.
- Unsharp Masking.
- Background and Gradient Removal.
- Creating RGB. LRGB and Hubble Palette images.
- Combining colour and monochrome images.
- Converting image formats.
- Opening Raw and FITS files.
- Reducing Stars.